Friday, September 17, 2010

Time for corn chopping


Well the corn chopping has began. We have friends and neighbors who are helping us and it has been a huge blessing. The picture above is a picture of the corn field out behind the house, it was taken about a month ago. You can just barely see the cows at the end of the road in the picture, I think they were trying to figure out how they could get in the corn field. It has been a good year for us with corn, field corn and sweet corn.
My cat, Horatio, hangs out in this corn field about all day every day so since they are chopping this field now he is under house arrest. I wouldn't want anything to happen to him. He is not too happy about it though and is always trying to escape. I catch him peeking out of any window he can get into and when I know a lot of people will be coming in and out I have to put him in the bathroom. He will be very depressed when we finally do release him and his cornfield is gone.
I put up a lot of bags of frozen sweet corn and so did some of the relatives. The neighbor said we planted enough sweet corn for everyone on our hill. We tried to make sure everyone knew to pick some cause there was a lot and would hate to see it go to waste. We definately willl have plenty to make it through till next season. Hope it does as well then!

No comments:

Post a Comment