Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Cows or kids?

   Don't you just love when the cows act like kindergarteners! When we are done milking, the cows leave the milking barn and go up to the free stall barn. I am not usually the one who takes them up but I wasn't busy and I said I would do it. Well they all went in but Hannah. She was determined she was not going in. I chased her from one side to the other, back and forth, back and forth, past the door each time - look at the funny farmer she likes to run. Then Hannah ran into the area where the manure is pushed out from the barn until it can be loaded into the spreader. Into the manure she went and was ready to jump the wall and head for the road. I ran and jumped over the gate and in front of her and headed her off - look the funny farmer likes to jump too. So back she went.
 
   Well the skid steer  is parked up there and of course enough room on each side for a cow.  I went to one side she went to the other, went to that side she went back to the other, back and forth, round and round - I like this funny farmer she likes to play games. Why does she look angry this is fun! At this point the ability of my blood pressure medicine is being tested. I was able to get the attention of the girl that helps us and she came up to assist. Her on one side me on the other. There now Hannah was headed in the right direction and headed to the barn door, good right! Wrong!!!

    The bad cow likes to jump too, right over the gate and out into the pasture ( of course ruining the gate in the process). Now my son has come up to help also. So the helper stays to block the manure and wall and we go out to get her. Bad cow likes to run also, farther and faster then the funny farmers but my son keeps running after her - look this funny farmer likes to run too! All of a sudden she stops, turns around and heads back. Great, she runs past me and me and funny farmer son are able to herd her to the entrance to the barn, We got her now, we got her blocked there is no where to go except to the barn. Wrong again!!!

   Funny farmer bowling- cow = ball, funny farmers = pins. Bad cow turned around and we tried everything but finally got out of the way before she ran us down.  Bad cow on the run again but funny farmer son was determined and a little mad by now and ran after her again, farther this time. When he caught up he would go right and she would go left, side to side, back and forth (this scene looked familiar). I yelled to funny farmer son to never mind, leave her, I hope a bear comes out of hibernation and eats her!! Funny farmer son gives up and funny farmers go in for breakfast. About an hour later funny farmer son goes to check on bad cow and bad cow must of realized it was her breakfast time too and was ready and waiting to come in the barn. By now the other cows ate all the good stuff and only hay left for bad cow.

   In the milking barn we have a gate in front of a door so when it is nice we can open it and let the breeze in but no cows out. Hubby had to take that gate to replace the one bad cow ruined. We would put plastic bags behind that gate, seems I am the only one who knows how to take them to the dumpster but I have been busy so behind the gate for now to keep cows out of them. Well no gate and big pile of bags so when the cows were done and were leaving they would jump in the pile, spread them everywhere and we would go pick them up. More cows done more jumping go pick them up again ( more funny farmer games). Cows watching are thinking don't you love when funny farmers act like kindergarteners! Hannah actually was brave enough to come on my end of the barn to get milked tonight. Hey Hannah how was breakfast? Was that grain yummy? That's right you didn't get any, aww that is awful I feel so bad for you( yeah right!)   I swear if cows could they would cut each others hair, eat paste and stuff marbles up their noses!

  Well this funny farmer has to go take blood pressure medicine and get ready for bed so I can be spunky if we play more funny farmer games tomorrow. Cows love to play in the snow and it looks like we got quite a bit headed our way. Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment