Monday, February 17, 2014

Some new calves

  We finally had some new calves, it has been months. The first cow, Boo Boo, had a bull calf and last night when it was below zero Brown Brown freshened. She had her calf just at the end of milking and when the girl who helps us(Alisha) checked on her she was sorta sitting on her calf and she killed it. Poor thing she was probably trying to keep it warm and unknown to us till the morning she had a twin and unfortunately he didn't make it either. It was so cold last night.

  It has been months since I had to milk a cow into the can or even bottle feed a calf. I took a picture of Boo Boo's calf that I was going to post but now when I try to upload my pictures they upload too big. I am not very good with computers so I am not sure what I can do to fix this, #1 son is the one who fixes my glitches and he lives almost an hour away and is busy right now. It really is frustrating me, I need to take a class. It is probably something simple too but like I said it is not my thing.

  Well I hope to be able to do pictures before too long, hope it is warming up for everyone. It is going to be in the forties here in a couple days, can't wait!!! Keep warm- Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment