Sunday, March 9, 2014

A good day


  The sunshine is out and how nice it is. The chickens wandered out to enjoy some of the rays and I was able to open some barn doors where the calves are and let them enjoy some more sunshine. You can even tell the milk cows are happy for the sun, when we let them out of the barn to milk they turn their noses up to smell the air and go over and stare out into the pasture. Hopefully soon we can let them out as long as it doesn't get too muddy out. I am so happy that now when you look at the forecast there is hope, there is actually a high in the 50's for us coming. There is also the possibility of another snow storm but we have to wait and see but the day after that back in the 40's.

  Today with the some help we got done with the morning milking and made it to church. It has been a few years since we have gone and it was nice to be able to go. We hope we can go every Sunday. When we got home I baked a loaf of bread. The smell of bread baking is one of my most favorite smells. I made this loaf from the book Artisan bread in 5 minutes a day, it was so easy and there is still dough in the frig for 2 more loaves. All I have to do is take it out let it set and rise and pop it in the oven, I haven't tasted it yet this is the first time I made it from this book so I am hoping it all turned out. Homemade bread is so delicious!

  Tonight my son and his family are coming for dinner. It has been a little while since we have all gotten together ( they live about an hour away) and I am excited to see the grandkids. My grandson is 4 and my granddaughter is 1. I am sure my grandson will be excited to see Pop Pop ( I am MooMa) and get a tractor ride. Pop Pop ranks over MooMa in his eyes cause of those tractors ( I don't drive them). If Pop Pop is gone with the tractor then me and my lawn tractor are sufficient enough for a ride. Pop Pop is always the first person he looks for when he gets here. I will have to work on my grand daughter and hopefully she won't choose those tractors too or maybe I will have to learn to drive them. I don't learn now because I figure that is just more jobs I will get to do with the already too many I have now.

  It is really turning out to be a great day and the sunshine helped top it off! Hope yours is great too!

1 comment:

  1. I have faith the sun will come back over here....

    My daughter calls my mom Me-Maw. :)

    ReplyDelete