Saturday, March 29, 2014

Finally!...Maybe?

  It looks like maybe spring is finally going to be here, yippee!!! Tonight they are calling for some snow and sleet but the highs after today so far all start with a 4 or a 5 and the lows are all 30"s or close to it.

  I am so ready to start planting things. I didn't start anything in my greenhouse yet this year because as cold as it was if I did I could of probably just forwarded our milk check to the electric company. Well this weekend I am going to. I asked my husband if he could get me some dirt to put in my containers. He gave me a look like I had 2 heads, last year at this time we could get the dirt, then he said it is frozen. Of course duh, I knew that. I asked him how soon did he think he could get me some dirt and again with the 2 head look, so I went and bought some dirt. I am going to fill one container and put in some carrots and lettuce in another and my broccoli and cauliflower I will just start in seed starter containers until he can get me dirt ( it is not cheap to buy). Every year I plant these items in my garden they just get eaten. I am so excited. I was in my greenhouse cleaning it out ( my family thinks it is a storage shed) and I noticed all the little spider egg thingies, OH BLAH! I really do not like spiders at all. If a big ugly one crawled on me ( or even a teeny tiny one but they are all big and ugly to me) I would probably strip naked on the spot ,screaming until I found out where it was if I hadn't croaked from my heart attack yet. That is how much I hate them ( I know kinda whimpy). Well anyway, I had to go get Alicia ( she helps us milk) and tell she had to come get those egg thingies out of there for me. I don't know if those eggs inside still could hatch after the cold but I wasn't taking any chances, so I made her do it. She was grinning at me the whole time. She knows how much I hate them because any time she sees a spider she pre warns me about it. I don't even mind snakes ( of course I am not going to touch them but I won't have a heart attack if one is in my vicinity).

 Well a few things to do inside and out to the greenhouse before afternoon chores. I hope spring is coming for everyone else too and this snow sleet tonight is our last. Happy Spring, toodles!!!

2 comments:

  1. Spring has reached here, too.

    The clock is an eight day wind up clock that was Mom and Dad's.

    Thanks for coming by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I share your spider phobia. :)

    ReplyDelete