Sunday, March 16, 2014

Some random events lately

  It was a cooler day today, it seems like we have a warm one the a cold one. So today on this cold day I baked bread and made homemade ravioli. This is my first time making homemade ravioli so not sure if I will like this particular recipe for the pasta part. The pasta seemed to dry out fast and what I cut away from the mold I could not put back through the pasta machine without it falling apart. The ravioli's do look good, I filled them with beef and I froze them and will make them on a day I make homemade sauce and French bread, today I made a loaf of white bread. We  ate at a party today so I didn't have to make dinner so no trying the ravioli today. Can't wait to try them though but I think I will look in to other recipes too.

  We don't usually have to much time for parties but today's was for my husband's sisters birthday. She is going through chemo right now for Stage 3 ovarian cancer so we made sure we made it to this one. She isn't always feeling the greatest so we wanted to get to see her when she was having a better day.

  We also had to have the sheriff here the other night because when I opened my back door  to go out on the porch I could see all the lights in my car and on my side mirrors which happens when you open the door. I backed up shut the door and got my husband to go outside with me. He did have to shut the back door of the car to close it and wanted me to go with him to look around in the sheds and barns but I told him no way was I going with nothing to even hit someone if they pop out of hiding so we went inside and called the sheriff. The sheriff did point out the footprints by the car that went across the driveway ( looking like they ran to hide when I opened the door) and then down the driveway towards the road. I am hoping it was someone that maybe was looking to see if he could get something out of my car or maybe it was someone looking to steal diesel fuel since the tank was right there across the driveway but they weren't able to pump it and decided to look in the car. I am hoping that it was maybe one of these scenario's and not someone looking to come in the house. Unfortunately my son is a little spooked by it and is a little nervous at night now and is constantly looking out the window. I hope this goes away. This upsets me the most, home is where you should feel comfortable and safe and damn the people who want other peoples things for nothing. My husband now wants to get an outside dog and I am against this. I am hoping this doesn't repeat. We did have diesel fuel stolen a couple years ago out of the tractors but never had anyone coming by the house that we knew of.

  Well I think while I am still spunky I will go do some crocheting, I am trying to get a duck pillow done for my granddaughter for Easter.  Toodles for now!

1 comment:

  1. Yikes, that is a bit scary! I would be spooked as well. I hope they never come back.

    I've always wanted to try making my own pasta and ravioli. It seems like it would be hard, but I guess you just have to follow the process!

    ReplyDelete