Saturday, February 20, 2010

The sun is shining

The sun is out and it is so nice. The chickens even got to get let out to get some sun. Tomorrow is supposed to be even nicer then today and it might be the day I have to get the coop cleaned. I have to have a nice day when I can shoo them all out to get it cleaned. In that coop we have about 75 chickens with a total of about 100.

All this sun just makes me want for spring so badly. I have started getting my seeds and can't wait to get them started. This year we are going to double our garden so hopefully I will be super busy when it comes to canning. We also are getting a couple pear trees, some blackberry bushes and some strawberries. My son says he wants a lot more canned pears cause we ran out to soon. Of course it will be awhile before they come from our trees. We have decided to add some more each year so hopefully we don't have to purchase much of the things to can. I also am putting in some rhubard this year

The dinner last night was delicious!! The guys did a great job and I never needed the frozen pizza. My husband even suprised us and had ordered a cake for dessert. It was nice to be able to just sit and chat while someone else was doing the cooking.

1 comment: