Friday, April 9, 2010

Happy heifers and cheerful chickens









Well with the nice sunny and warm days we got quite a bit accomplished. Today it is chilly outside so I will try to accomplish some indoor tasks or maybe I will just be a bum in between chores. I haven't done that in awhile. Maybe I will catch up with some of the shows I DVR'ed from RFD.



I finally got the chicken coop cleaned out and with the wet ground keeping me from it, it was quite overdo. I thought it might of turned into a 2 day job because I started sorta of close to afternoon chores but I didn't think it was going to take me as long as it did. But hubby came out to check my progress and helped me get it finished. Now the girls are happy. I still have 2 smaller coops to do that aren't as bad.



We also got one of the older calves pen all cleaned out and moved 5 of the smaller calves to a new larger pen. They are all happier also. Now I have to clean out where the 5 small ones were. A never ending cycle. Probably this weekend. My husband said we are going on a cleaning spree this weekend too and get things cleaned up around the barns. I also will have to mow the lawn. Our backyard gets very thick and if it hadn't rained I would of mowed it today.


Well off to be a bum because no rest in store for the weekend. I love it though, being outside and working, especially when it is sunny!

No comments:

Post a Comment