Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The planting has begun

Lets see, we have planted two pear trees ( one bartlett and one ambrosia), rhubard, thornless blackberries and peas. Most of these I won't be enjoying for years but I am glad that we have them planted. Each year we have decided to keep adding new things. I am not sure what we will add next year but I have lots of time to think on it.

The raised bed is already for the strawberries now we just have to wait on the weather. I told my husband we should build another raised bed next to it and I could plant something in that. He told me we are not running a CSA and I should slow down before we have way too much. I just love gardening, I can't help it. We are doubling the garden also this year.

We also have added on to the building that is out in the dry cow lot. My brother in law built a new deck so we took the roof off the old one with the posts and attached to the building and closed in a couple sides now they is some more room for the cows to get out of the rain or sun. The dry cows and heifers haven't made it out into that area yet but we are working on it. Seems like before you know it time is gone and we haven't gotten everything done. Only a couple little things to do now then out they go. I love watching them when they first get out, they are like little kids going out for recess.

Unfortunately tomorrow is banking and shopping and all the errands to do, blah! I hate when I have so much I want to get done that I have to go to town for the day. Hopefully I can stock up and get things done that I won't have to go for awhile.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about wanting more and more raised beds! I just love gardening too, and when I'm at work all I can think about is coming home and surrounding myself with plants. I need to get going on building more garden beds, since I've got way too many seedlings sprouted and no place for them to go yet!

    ReplyDelete