Monday, April 5, 2010

Nice weather means busy, busy

With all this nice weather I have been so busy but it is a good busy. At the end of the day when I see what has been accomplished I am happy. I started with all the yard clean up. We have a weeping willow tree and it seems that is a clean up project every year and then it was going to be the chicken coop next. We put a tarp over part of their outdoor enclosure so they could have some shade and then it was time to get the lawn tractor and cart to clean out the coop after I pick up the weeping willow tree piles. Wouldn't you know flat tire on the cart- Darn it! I hate when I am in the mood to do something and then I can't. So that is on the to-do list.

Then I thought it was so nice and now I have some free time I would take some new pictures. I got most of them taken when my batteries died. My rechargable one bit the dust awhile ago and I am using disposable right now because I really want a new camera. But my pictures were taken and I would put new ones in to put my pictures on the computer. I have to hide my batteries around here or people finch them and I never have any but of course I cannot remember that safe hiding spot I put them in, I hate when that happens. Sometimes I find Christmas presents a couple weeks after Christmas, my memory is just awful. So no new pictures. So get batteries or find them is on the to-do list. That list is getting so long.

I read though that the scent from fresh cut grass from mowing the lawn helps your memory function and I was commenting earlier to the hubby how the yard looks like it is almost time to mow ( I like it to keep it short and like to mow often and he says I need to give it more time). So if I go mow the lawn maybe I will remember where those batteries are!

We did fully accomplish without any snags moving our 4 steers out of the indoor pen they were in to an outdoor one. The are getting to big for the inside one and now they have a building outside with an area to be out in the sun and run a little. They were quite pleased. The milk cows can come up and peek at them now and the steers had to learn a lesson about electric fences. Well it took a couple a little longer then the others but I think they got the drift. Nothing from this job ended up on my to do list, Yippee.

I hope everyone had a nice Easter! We did! I got to play with my grandson( he is 9 months old) so that was fun. Got lot more things popping in my head to go add to my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment